2023 Fatal Spotsylvania County Car Accident
On March 11, two Riverbend High School students were killed and two were injured in a car crash in Spotsylvania County, VA. The teens were traveling eastbound on River Road when their car passed another car at a high rate of speed. The car flipped over and caught on fire.
Police and rescue personnel arrived at the accident within minutes and pulled the occupants out of the burning vehicle. The passengers in the back seat were sisters and both died from their injuries. Police are still investigating the accident. All the occupants were wearing seatbelts when the accident occurred.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Seeing a Chiropractor
Many people experience back or neck pain after a car accident. If you are currently dealing with these ailments after an accident, you may consider seeing a Tysons VA chiropractor. This healthcare professional can treat your condition through non-invasive therapies and help you get back on your feet.
Here are some common mistakes to avoid when seeing a chiropractor following a car accident.
- Not being patient. Too many people want chiropractic care to be a quick-fix solution to their pain. However, it does not work that way. Although chiropractic care is effective, it does not work overnight. In order to see results, you will have to be patient and attend all of your chiropractic sessions. After giving you an assessment, your chiropractor may estimate how long your treatment plan will last.
- Waiting too long to seek care. Unfortunately, some car accident victims delay chiropractic care, hoping that the pain will go away on its own. However, if you delay care, the problem may worsen. You may experience scar tissue, chronic pain and other issues. That is why you should get checked out by a chiropractor as soon as possible after your accident.
- Neglecting your exercises. Many chiropractors will assign their patients various exercises to do at home to supplement their treatment. Although doing these exercises may seem tedious at times, it is important for you to do them. They can speed up your recovery.
- Stopping treatment when you feel better. While it is great that you may feel better soon after you start your chiropractic treatment, the professionals at AmeriWell Clinics advise against stopping your treatment prematurely. Just because you are feeling better, does not mean that you are fully healed.
- Not being honest with your chiropractor. Your chiropractor won’t be able to help you to the best of his or her ability if you do not tell the whole truth. For instance, if it hurts to do your exercises at home, you should inform your chiropractor immediately. He or she may have you adjust the types of exercises you are doing.
If you have been experiencing chronic pain after a car accident, you should make an appointment with a chiropractor as soon as possible.