SERVICES AT THIS LOCATION
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Cold Laser Therapy
- Cupping Therapy
- Disc Decompression
- Dry Needling
- Flexion Distraction
- Intersegmental Traction
- Moist Heat Therapy
- Neuromuscular Re-Education
- Posture Correction
- Soft Tissue / Manual Therapy
- Therapeutic Exercise
- Therapeutic Modalities
- Ultrasound Therapy
HOURS OF OPERATION
5 MILE RADIUS Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax, Springfield, Annandale, Burke, Lorton, Merrifield, Hybla Valley, Seven Corners, Woodbridge
Take the first step
If you’ve been injured in an accident as a result of recklessness, negligence, a defective product or other fault, you should be diagnosed and treated as soon as possible so that your health does not deteriorate, and you have the proof that you need to seek deserved monetary compensation.
Many times injuries are hidden, or are underestimated, so please call us today for a free consultation at (301) 576-0500, or email us. We also provide free legal referrals to our patients who are suffering from accident-related injuries.
Injuries Chiropractors Treat
There are many types of injuries, ailments and conditions that a chiropractor in the Falls Church location of AmeriWell Clinics regularly treats. Patients who have muscle, joint or nerve pain can be treated by a chiropractor. If you have been in an accident, suffered a sports injury, or have chronic pain that you have been experiencing for a long time and do not know the cause, a chiropractor can offer services. They will assess you to determine what your symptoms are and how to best treat you. Some of the most common injuries that many patients have when they see a chiropractor include fractures, ruptured discs, pulled muscles, dislocations and much more. Inform the chiropractor what kind of injury that you have so that they can develop the right treatment plan for you.
Common Chiropractic Treatments and Therapies
If you are not sure whether chiropractic care is suitable for you, you can see a chiropractor for more information during your consultation. They will do a thorough physical exam to see how your body responds and what symptoms that you are exhibiting.
Several common chiropractic treatments that chiropractors are experienced in include the following:
- Spinal Adjustments. This is one of the treatments that many people are familiar with when they think of chiropractic care. A spinal adjustment is done by adjusting specific areas of the spine so that pressure can be released. When there is too much pressure on the joint or nerve, the spine can be misaligned, and issues like pain and stiffness can occur.
- Rehabilitation. Recovering from an accident is not easy and many patients often face a long journey before their body can fully heal again. When you need rehabilitative services, you can go to a trusted chiropractor for help. They can perform gentle and soothing treatments so that you gradually improve function in your body without taking strong medications or undergoing invasive surgery.
- Therapeutic Exercise. When your muscles and joints are sore, stiff or are not in the best condition, a chiropractor can help. Therapeutic exercise can be highly effective for people who have chronic pain from doing repetitive tasks like pushing, lifting or pulling heavy objects. A chiropractic who specializes in therapeutic exercise can help alleviate symptoms like pain and inflammation so that your body feels relaxed and soothed.
- Ultrasound Therapy. Ultrasound therapy is effective for patients who are experiencing symptoms like Carpal tunnel syndrome, tendonitis, and is also good for scar tissue recovery. Sound waves penetrate the tissue, which help to improve blood circulation, relieve pain and accelerate healing.
How Chiropractic Care Works
Chiropractic treatments are driven by the approach to treat abnormalities affecting the central nervous system, spine, muscles and joints. Each of these parts of the body are central to a person’s overall health and wellness. Chiropractors are trained to identify issues affecting the body and use hands-on techniques to treat them. See a trusted and highly qualified chiropractor in the AmeriWell Clinics Falls Church location if you would like to learn more about chiropractic care.
Why Patients Prefer Holistic Approaches
As a Falls Church, VA chiropractor from AmeriWell Clinics can explain, chiropractic care is a holistic approach that focuses on healing from the inside out, without using invasive approaches or heavy reliance on medication. Chiropractors view the body as one interconnected system, and aim to get to the root of the problem. Holistic care is committed to the patient’s wellness for the long term. Chiropractors understand that pain doesn’t happen in isolation, but could be influenced by many potential factors at the same time. By addressing the cause of the problem through proper treatment and prevention, the chiropractic approach can restore peace of mind and general health.
With chiropractic care, there is a combination of techniques that may be used to help treat a patient, such as spinal adjustments, massage, ultrasound therapy, and nutritional insight. It’s no wonder that patients prefer holistic approaches, as it focuses on full body healing that treats the root cause of the problem itself. Oftentimes, patients experience at least some degree of body and mind relief after just a single appointment. But for more complex issues, more sessions are likely to be needed. Your Falls Church chiropractor can do an examination and assess your medical history to determine the appropriate path for care.
Chiropractic methods have shown to improve muscle strength, flexibility, range of motion, and general neurological health too. Chiropractors can assess problems areas and decide how pain may be affecting other areas of the body. Examples of the most well-known chiropractic benefits have been listed below:
- Reducing neck and back pain
- Reducing inflammation
- Protecting joint tissues
- Relieving chronic headaches or migraines
- Improving neurological symptoms
- Correcting poor posture and nerve pressure
- Reducing reliance on medications and opioids
- Decreasing blood pressure
- Improved digestion
- Reducing mental stress
- Boosting the immune system
- Better athletic performance
Generally, chiropractic care entails manual adjustments to the spine and joints. By using precise yet gentle manipulation of these areas, chiropractors can restore healthy communication between the body and the brain. Patients prefer the relief from pain and enhanced mobility through more natural means and less dependency on medication. Chiropractic care is a holistic approach because it personalizes the treatment for each person. The more conventional approach of a “one-size-fits-all” not only disregards what makes that individual different, but how their healing needs may vary from others. Chiropractors understand that characteristics of pain can be unique to each individual, and are best treated as such. Through the combination of physical therapy and lifestyle guidance, chiropractic patients can achieve the recovery and health results they have always wanted, while lessening the chances of complications in the future.
Let us help you find relief from your aches, pains, and other symptoms. Chiropractic care is a complete and holistic approach that aims to heal both body and mind. If you have further questions or are considering making an appointment, all you have to do is call. A Falls Church chiropractor from AmeriWell Clinics is ready to help, so do not hesitate to call.