Chiropractor Back Pain Falls Church, VA
Chiropractor Back Pain Falls Church, VA
Chronic pain that has persisted after a sudden injury or disease can be treated by a back pain chiropractor in the Falls Church, Virginia region. It can help reduce pain, inflammation, and other symptoms that you may be experiencing. Instead of resorting to surgery or other riskier and invasive methods of treatment, getting chiropractic treatment may help minimize or eliminate your pain. The doctors and specialists at AmeriWell Clinics understand how to deliver the best care for their patients using the latest research and treatment methods. Discover how chiropractic care can benefit you by scheduling an appointment.
Table Of Contents
- Back Pain Chiropractor
- Back Pain Chiropractor Infographic
- Signs And Symptoms Of Back Pain
- What Contributes To Back Pain?
- When Should I See A Chiropractor?
- Falls Church Chiropractor Back Pain Statistics
- Can AmeriWell Clinics Help Me?
Chiropractor Back Pain in Falls Church, VA
The highly trained and caring team at AmeriWell Clinics has helped many patients obtain the pain relief that they have been yearning for. If you want to receive high-quality and non-invasive care for your injury or condition, do not wait to learn more about how chiropractic care can benefit you. If you have been suffering from debilitating pain that has not gone away, you may be the right candidate for a number of chiropractic treatment methods available.
Common Back Pain Treatments That a Chiropractor Provides
A variety of different chiropractic care methods have been proven to be effective at treating back pain. Lower back pain is a common complaint that many patients have when they see a chiropractor. This can be due to occupational activities, daily use, or age-related reasons. A chiropractor who specializes in back pain in the Falls Church, Virginia area is familiar with the many treatment options available, which include the following:
- Manual manipulation. Spinal manipulation or adjustments involve the chiropractor using their hands or instruments to locate areas in the spine that are not aligned. They correct misalignments by applying gentle but forceful arm thrust to put the vertebra back into place. Adjustments help to reduce pain and inflammation.
- Lumbar roll. This is a typical treatment used by chiropractors for patients with lower back pain. For this method the patient lies down on a table on their side, then the doctor applies pressure to the affected area of the body and aligns the spine.
How to Treat Back Pain at Home
Treating back pain at home can be as simple as doing several minutes of stretching and exercise. In addition to spinal manipulation, physical therapy exercises supplement chiropractic care. Doing these exercises daily can help you manage your symptoms better. This helps to improve your posture, strengthen your muscles and prevent pain from worsening. A chiropractor may tell you to do these at-home treatments to complement your chiropractic sessions.
Request a Consultation
It is possible to get relief from back pain. Chiropractic treatments have been shown to be effective for a variety of back issues. Consider meeting with a chiropractor to learn about treatments and therapies which may be effective for you. You do not have to live with chronic and persistent back pain. Schedule a consultation at AmeriWell Clinics now and learn more about the health benefits of chiropractic care.
Back Pain Chiropractor
If you or a loved one is experiencing back pain, it would be in your best interest to contact a chiropractor in Falls Church, VA patient trust to diagnose, treat, and relieve pain.
- For those suffering from chronic back pain relief may feel unattainable, and temporary. Many individuals struggling with their pain may turn to prescription drugs. While prescription drugs may offer temporary relief, they may cause negative side effects or become habit-forming. Because painkillers only try to relieve the symptoms of pain and do not treat the source of the pain, they should only be used in the short term. If a person decides to use prescription drugs to relieve back pain for an extended period of time, it could have long-lasting harmful effects. Prolonged use of these types of medications may harm the body causing more complications for the injured or suffering person. For example, the kidneys may suffer harm from prolonged, or overuse of prescription drugs.
- If you or a loved one are seeking a different type of treatment for back pain that will not cause negative side effects, or be potentially habit-forming, contact a Falls Church chiropractor today. Less invasive than surgery, with little to no risks, chiropractic treatment offers patients a holistic and healthy alternative to pain relief. There is a time and place for surgery, and it may be the best option for some patients, but surgery may have complications and serious risks for patients. On the other hand, chiropractic care is low-risk, and patients feel little to no pain or discomfort during treatments.
- If a patient is experiencing back pain, it may be due to inflammation or misalignment of the body. In this case, chiropractic care will greatly benefit the patient, reducing inflammation, limiting pain, and increasing mobility. Treating the specific part of the spine, or body that is out of alignment, chiropractors seek to relieve pain for their patients’ long term.
- Many individuals may feel that chiropractic care is not beneficial for their specific needs. During their initial consultation with a chiropractor, patients are carefully examined, their medical and family history reviewed and a treatment plan is presented. Patients should bring any concerns or fears they may be feeling to their chiropractor so they can help. Experienced chiropractors, such as those from AmeriWell Clinics seek to provide their patients with a positive, transparent, and healthy treatment. They wish their patients to feel empowered to ask questions, voice concerns, and be an active part of their treatment plan. The chiropractor and patient relationship are important, as they work towards honesty, transparency, and a healthier outcome. Because each body is different, and its needs vary from patient to patient, individuals should not compare their chiropractic treatments to others. Each treatment plan should be unique to that patient, their alignment, and their pain management. If you or a loved one suffer from back pain, inflammation, or misalignment of any kind, it would be wise to contact a chiropractor Falls Church residents trust. Make the step towards a healthier lifestyle, and recovery by contacting AmeriWell Clinics today.
BACK PAIN CHIROPRACTOR INFOGRAPHIC
Signs And Symptoms Of Back Pain
If you are going through back pain that has lasted for many days and does not seem to be getting better, you should not ignore it because it can indicate a more serious, underlying issue, as a chiropractor Falls Church , VA residents trust can tell you. Chronic back pain can be caused by day to day activities or a strenuous job activity. Constantly lifting, pushing, or pulling heavy objects can take a toll on your back. Seeing a chiropractor can help you achieve relief if you have back pain. Patients who receive all natural treatments find that they have better results compared to traditional treatments like surgery or drugs, which can result in harmful side effects. If you have back pain, there are symptoms that you should watch out for.
While back pain can go away on its own, when it starts to disrupt your daily life or prevent you from doing basic tasks or getting around easily, you may want to consider going to an experienced chiropractor for treatment. Chronic back pain can be caused by repetitive movements that put stress on the joints in your spine. If you experience a sharp or throbbing pain that is not getting better over time, schedule a consultation with a chiropractor to explore treatment options.
Many people with back pain experience limited mobility. Back pain can prevent you from being able to move normally or do things like walk, run, jump and other types of movement. When your mobility is limited, you can have trouble stretching your back, reaching for objects, or staying in one position. When you receive care from a Falls Church chiropractor with back pain treatment experience, they can help you gradually increase your range of movement and get pain relief.
Difficulty Sitting Down or Standing Up
If you are having a hard time sitting down or standing up, back pain treatment may be necessary. Back pain symptoms can worsen with these types of movements. You should not struggle to sit or stand, and if you do, it may be time to see a qualified and experienced chiropractor. Inform a chiropractor if you are having difficulty sitting or standing and they can develop effective treatment plans for you.
Clicking or Popping Sounds
A common symptom that may accompany back pain are unusual sounds like clicking or popping sounds. This should not be ignored because it can point to a more serious issue that requires a treatment plan developed by a chiropractor. Spinal adjustments can help to relieve the pressure on your joints and nerves, as well as improve your mobility. Explain what kind of symptoms that you have been experiencing and inform a chiropractor if you have been noticing clicking or popping sounds.
Do not wait too long to get treated if you have been suffering from constant and persistent back pain. There are many things that a skilled chiropractor can do to treat your pain. Talk to a trusted Falls Church chiropractor for back pain relief right away if you have been experiencing symptoms.
What contributes to back pain?
There are numerous reasons why back pain may happen. It can be caused by damage or misalignment of the spinal structure either through traumatic injury or medical conditions. When the structure of the spinal column and back are swollen, tight, or not aligned properly, the result can be localized pain and disturbed nerve roots. Back pain can happen from being in an accident or performing repetitive motions at work, resulting in injuries such as bulging discs, sprains, strains, fractures, spinal decompression, and soft tissue bruising. As your Falls Church chiropractor back pain doctor may offer, conditions can can cause chronic back pain include but are not limited to:
- Facet joint syndrome
- Degenerative disc disease
- Spinal tumors
- Sacroiliac joint dysfunction
How should I respond to my back pain?
As a Falls Church, VA chiropractor back pain doctor from AmeriWell Clinics may explain, the sudden development of back pain can leave people with questions about how long it will last, why it’s happening in the first place, and what treatment options are available to them. Chiropractic care is a great treatment tool for those who have some degree of back pain. Responding to your aches and pain promptly by getting medical attention can prevent the issue from exacerbating overtime. Ignoring your back pain or relying on medications alone as a temporary measure puts your overall health at risk for worse problems in the future. Continue reading below to learn more about back pain and how chiropractic care can benefit you.
Is back pain common?
Back pain is one of the most prevalent medical conditions in the country and globe. It is estimated that 31 million people in the U.S. will have lower back pain at some point in their lifetime. In a worldwide perspective, back pain is the leading cause of disability. Back pain may present itself as an intense and sharp pain, or a constant ache that doesn’t seem to go away completely. Back pain problems can prevent people from living their life normally. In fact, back pain accounts for 200 million missed work days each year, which is a total of two days of work for each full-time worker across the nation. So if you have back pain, trust that you are not alone and that treatment is available.
When should I see a chiropractor?
When something is not going well in our body, it sends us signals in the form of pain or other symptoms. Back pain symptoms can vary based on the area of the spine that it is located in, in addition to what the underlying cause may be. In general, it’s time to see a chiropractor if you have joint dysfunction, muscle spasms, aching sensations, decreased range of motion, numbness in lower extremities, stiffing along the spine, pins and needles sensations, difficulty standing for longer period of time, or shooting pain that radiates down your leg. Ultimately, whenever back pain is present, it’s time to consider seeing a chiropractor.
Falls Church Chiropractor Back Pain Statistics
According to the American Chiropractic Association, more than 35 million Americans see a chiropractor each year. This statistic shows that chiropractic care is a popular and effective treatment option for a variety of conditions, including back pain, neck pain, headaches, and more.
Can AmeriWell Clinics help me?
Chiropractic care can be an impactful treatment approach for those with mild to severe back pain. It can be beneficial for most, but your chiropractor will assess whether you are a candidate before any treatment is provided. To have your questions answered or consider scheduling a session, contact a Falls Church chiropractor back pain doctor from AmeriWell Clinics today!
5 Effective Techniques for Alleviating Back Pain
Back pain can be debilitating and hinder our daily activities. Thankfully, chiropractors employ a range of non-invasive techniques to treat and manage back pain. In this listicle, we explore five effective ways they address back pain, promoting relief and improved mobility.
Spinal Manipulation (Adjustments)
Spinal manipulation, also known as chiropractic adjustments, is a cornerstone technique used to alleviate back pain. During this procedure, they apply controlled, sudden force to specific spinal joints. The goal is to improve joint mobility, realign the spine, and reduce nerve irritability. This can lead to reduced inflammation and enhanced blood flow to the affected area, promoting natural healing. Chiropractors use their hands or specialized instruments to perform these adjustments, providing patients with a safe and effective way to combat back pain.
Chiropractors often incorporate therapeutic massage into their treatment plans for back pain. This hands-on approach helps relax muscles, release tension, and increase blood circulation in the affected area. By loosening tight muscles and reducing muscle spasms, therapeutic massage can provide immediate relief and help prevent future pain episodes. The combination of spinal adjustments and massage enhances overall treatment efficacy, allowing patients to experience lasting pain relief.
Corrective Exercises and Stretching
Chiropractors are keen on addressing the root causes of back pain, and one way they achieve this is by prescribing corrective exercises and stretching routines. These tailored exercises aim to strengthen the core muscles, improve flexibility, and promote better posture. By correcting muscle imbalances and improving spinal stability, patients can experience reduced strain on their backs, leading to decreased pain and improved function. Chiropractors provide guidance and supervision to ensure that patients perform exercises correctly and safely.
Electrical Stimulation (E-Stim):
Electrical stimulation, or e-stim, is a non-invasive technique used by chiropractors to manage back pain. This therapy involves applying a mild electrical current to the affected area, stimulating nerves and muscles. E-stim can help reduce muscle spasms, increase blood flow, and promote the release of endorphins, the body’s natural pain relievers. Moreover, electrical stimulation may enhance the body’s healing process by encouraging cellular repair in damaged tissues. This method can complement other chiropractic treatments, contributing to a more comprehensive approach to back pain relief.
Heat and Cold Therapy:
Heat and cold therapy are simple yet effective methods that chiropractic professionals employ to manage back pain. The application of heat helps relax muscles and improves blood circulation to the area, reducing stiffness and promoting healing. On the other hand, cold therapy reduces inflammation and numbs the affected area, providing temporary relief from pain. Chiropractors may alternate between heat and cold treatments, depending on the patient’s specific condition and stage of recovery. By utilizing these natural modalities, chiropractors can aid patients in their journey to a pain-free life.
Chiropractic care offers a holistic and non-invasive approach to treating back pain, addressing the root causes of discomfort and promoting natural healing. The techniques mentioned above, including spinal manipulation, therapeutic massage, corrective exercises, electrical stimulation, and heat/cold therapy, can provide lasting relief and improved mobility. If you’re experiencing back pain, consider consulting a chiropractor to develop a personalized treatment plan that addresses your specific needs and helps you regain control of your life without relying on invasive interventions.