Auto Accident Chiropractor Silver Spring, MD
Auto Accident Chiropractor Silver Spring, MD
Have you been injured in an auto accident? If so, you may find comfort in knowing that an auto accident chiropractor Silver Spring, MD has to offer may be able to help you. For example, if you have whiplash, back pain, or chronic headaches, an adjustment may alleviate the discomfort and stiffness. Failure to get any kind of treatment could result in a serious impact on your health. This could last for several months, years, or even an entire lifetime.
Our clinic has many years of experience in treating patients who suffered an injury in a vehicle accident. We have successfully helped many of these men and women find relief without resorting to invasive surgical procedures or addictive pain medications.
What Happens After an Auto Accident
In an auto accident, the musculoskeletal system of the body can be knocked out of alignment. This is because of the sheer force of the impact. When the neck, head, and back, moves rapidly back and forth, whiplash can occur. Whiplash is a serious form of neck strain that can cause stiffness, soreness, and pain. A chiropractor Silver Spring, MD provides may be able to treat the whiplash through gentle adjustments; thereby, reduce the inflammation and improve mobility.
X-rays typically don’t show any micro tears that often occur in the ligaments and muscles following a car accident. These small tears are one of the primary reasons for a person to feel intense pain the next day. Usually, these tears are from the whiplash; however, they can be related to other injuries. An auto accident chiropractor in Silver Spring, MD can manipulate the spine so that an anti-inflammatory substance is released in the body. This substance, known as IL-6, is important to healing and well known to help acute injuries.
As a Silver Spring, Maryland chiropractic for auto accidents might tell you, following a back or neck injury, you will almost certainly suffer from inflammation. This will likely cause even more problems – especially when it comes to pain. This is because the blood and nutrients needed to heal the affected area may struggle to access it in a timely manner. An adjustment can mobilize the spine and encourage faster healing.
There are a number of studies that demonstrate people who received chiropractic care experience less pain. This is because the chiropractic adjustment enables the body to release pain reducing hormones. These hormones can help the affected area, but also any other areas in the body that may have been exhibiting pain – even prior to the accident.
Chiropractic care is non-invasive, safe, and does not prescribe strong, addictive painkillers. Many people who have been injured in an auto accident, whether it was a fender bender or severe crash, find some kind of relief through this natural treatment. Most importantly, you should not wait to deal with your pain. By seeing an auto accident chiropractor in Silver Spring, MD as promptly as possible, you may avoid long term, or a lifetime, or chronic pain and health problems. Contact AmeriWell Clinics today.
How to Choose a Chiropractor for Your Car Accident Injuries
If you were recently in a car accident, your primary doctor may advise you to see an auto accident chiropractor Silver Spring, MD residents trust. Chiropractors can treat car accident injuries through non-invasive methods, like spinal adjustments and soft tissue therapy, and help you get on the road to recovery. However, with so many different chiropractors out there, you may find it tricky to select the right one. Here are some tips for choosing the right chiropractor.
- Select a chiropractor who specializes in car accident injuries. Just like traditional medical doctors, chiropractors do not all specialize in the same areas. As such, you do not want to just choose the first chiropractor who shows up on a Google search. Before you select a chiropractor, make that he or she specializes in treating car accident injuries. He or she will then know how to effectively treat your injuries and help you recover faster.
- Choose a chiropractor who is accessible and offers convenient appointments. When you see a chiropractor for your auto accident injuries, you ideally want him or her to have an office close by and offer convenient appointments. After all, you may have more difficulty making your appointments if a chiropractor’s office is over an hour away from your home. If possible, try to find a chiropractor who is located near your home or work. The chiropractor you choose should also have appointments that work with your schedule.
- Pick a chiropractor with legal knowledge. If you were hurt in an auto accident caused by another driver, you may want to pursue compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages and other losses. That is why it is wise to pick a Silver Spring auto accident chiropractor with legal knowledge in addition to medical knowledge. He or she should understand the type of evidence you need to prove your case and details about at-fault cases.
- Ask about auto accident support. During your first appointment with a chiropractor, do not be afraid to ask about how much support he or she will give your auto accident case. Your chiropractor could play an important role in winning your case. The chiropractor you select should be able to preserve medical records and provide medical testimony to strengthen your claim against the other driver.
- Pay attention to how a chiropractor communicates. When you first meet with a chiropractor, pay careful attention to how or she communicates with you. Ideally, your chiropractor should carefully listen to your questions and concerns and provide you with detailed answers. He or she should not be short with you or make you feel rushed. You should have a good feeling that your Silver Spring auto accident chiropractor is on your side.