Chiropractic Laurel Maryland
Chiropractic Laurel Maryland
While many patients originally seek out Laurel Maryland chiropractic treatment because they are suffering from acute or chronic pain or injury. But many of those patients continue to see their chiropractor long after their original health issue has been resolved. They come to learn that continuing chiropractic treatments provides long-lasting health benefits.
As a Laurel Maryland chiropractic doctor can explain, continuing with adjustments on a regular basis can help prevent the pain you were suffering from eventually returning. Something that is important to keep in mind is that even though the adjustments will help you feel better, there is always the chance that your symptoms will return if you do not have periodic adjustments and other types of treatments. These regular appointments are necessary to keep the patient’s spine properly aligned, as well as the patient’s joints and muscles flexible.
Other benefits that regular chiropractic in Laurel Maryland can provide include the following:
- Treats the source of the pain: When a patient goes to a medical doctor complaining of pain, the doctor usually prescribes some kind of pain medication to relieve the pain. The problem with that is that the medication eventually wears off and the pain is right back again. In most cases, the medication is only treating the pain and not treating what is causing the pain. A chiropractor Laurel, MD families trust doesn’t just treat symptoms, but takes care of the source of your pain while alleviating the pain it is causing. This also reduces or eliminates the need for pain medication and the high risk of addiction that many of these drugs pose.
- Improved flexibility and range of motion: Since Laurel Maryland chiropractic treatment keeps joints and muscles flexible and loose, it avoids the breakdown of cartilage which occurs from lack of blood flow because the patient is not flexible anymore. Keeping the muscles loose and flexible also helps reduce the risk of strains, tears, or joint issues.
- Better immune system and organ function: When the spine is not aligned correctly, this can cause tissues or bones to press on nerves, which can impede the nerve’s ability to send signals throughout the body. This can cause interference in the functioning of the immune system or the organs. Scheduling periodic adjustments ensures there is no pressure put on the nerves and results in a healthier patient.
- Fewer headaches: When a patient suffers from tension headaches and migraines, it is often a result of nerve pressure, misalignment of the spine, or tight muscles. Regular spinal adjustments can help reduce the number of headaches a patient gets.
- Arthritis help: Chiropractic in Laurel Maryland improves flexibility and mobility, decreases inflammation, and reduces pain for patients who suffer from arthritis.
Let Us Help
If you are experiencing chronic pain or you have suffered an injury, contact AmeriWell Clinics to schedule a consultation for chiropractic Laurel Maryland patients recommend. Call our office today.