Maryland Chiropractor Treatment
Maryland Chiropractor Treatment
At AmeriWell Clinics, we are happy to answer any questions you may have about Maryland Chiropractor Treatments. It is our belief that the chiropractic approach can treat most patients who are struggling with various ailments, particularly of the musculoskeletal system. Those who haven’t tried chiropractics before may be apprehensive to try something new.
You can rest assured that we will do what it takes to make you more comfortable and answer every question or address concerns. A chiropractor Gaithersburg, MD families depend on for quality care will always first evaluate each patient as an individual before performing chiropractic treatments, to confirm that they can benefit from this form of care.
Chiropractors Don’t Prescribe Medications
One common appeal that people have when it comes to MD Chiropractor Treatments is that their chiropractor doesn’t prescribe medications. This is due to the belief that our body has an innate capacity to release pain-killing and anti-inflammatory properties. But, in order for the body to do this, it needs to be in proper alignment. Your chiropractor may first examine your spinal column for any abnormalities, since this is a core component of the body system, responsible for sending messages throughout the body and brain.
When receiving a Maryland Chiropractor Treatment, we won’t prescribe medications. However, we may prescribe other things, such as:
- Soft Tissue Therapy: to help relax tight muscles and relieve painful spasms, we may perform soft tissue therapy. This will encourage the connective tissue around every muscle to release pent up tension.
- Spinal Adjustments: by gently coaxing the spinal vertebrae into proper placement, it can help increase range of motion and promote sufficient flow of energy, blood, and nutrients to all areas of the body.
- Stretches and Exercises: we may provide you with information about stretches and exercises, to assist in restoring mobility and range of motion in problem areas.
- Deep Tissue Massage: your chiropractor may create a comprehensive treatment plan that uses a combination of the above care methods, in addition to deep tissue massage. Not only do massages feel great, but they can help break down painful knots that may be bothering you on a daily basis.
The form of chiropractic care that we get the most questions about is the spinal adjustments. Many new patients are worried that it will be painful or an uncomfortable experience. It may ease your mind to know that while this treatment may result in cracking or popping sounds, it should not cause you additional pain. In fact, it isn’t uncommon for patients to feel immense relief of tension after just one or two sessions!
We believe that chiropractic care can benefit both the body and mind. Our patients often express that they feel better overall, and problem areas are not so bothersome as they were before. Some patients even have a full recovery from injury or illness due to chiropractics. If you are interested in what we have to offer, please don’t hesitate to begin a new healing journey. Contact AmeriWell Clinics about receiving a Chiropractor Treatment in MD today!
Benefits of Chiropractic Treatment for Pregnant Women
Pregnant women experience many unpleasant symptoms, such as nausea, fatigue and back pain, and may benefit from getting Maryland chiropractor treatment. The changes pregnant women experience cause discomfort and may also put some at risk of longer labor and delivery. Believe it or not, chiropractic care may be able to help women have an easier pregnancy.
Here are some benefits of chiropractic treatment for pregnant women.
- Alleviate back pain. When you are pregnant, your body produces a chemical that loosens the joints in your pelvic area, which can cause instability in your spine. This can lead to back pain. You may also unintentionally curve your back due to your heavier belly, which may increase back pain. If you see a chiropractor during your pregnancy, he or she can perform spinal adjustments to corrective spinal curvature and relieve your back pain.
- Improve sleep. Pregnant women especially need adequate rest at night. Unfortunately, hormonal changes, pain and anxiety can make it difficult for many pregnant women to get enough sleep. This is another good reason to see a chiropractor. He or she can realign your spine, so you will feel less discomfort and can fall asleep easier. Your chiropractor can also suggest different sleeping positions.
- Reduce nausea. Nausea is one of the most common and unpleasant side effects pregnant women experience. Believe it or not, chiropractor treatment in Maryland may be able to help with that. When a chiropractor realigns your spine during an adjustment, it can boost your nervous system function and balance your hormones. By getting regular adjustments, you may experience less morning sickness throughout your pregnancy.
- Decrease labor and delivery. The last thing pregnant women want is to spend endless hours in labor. Getting chiropractic care throughout your pregnancy may help decrease your labor and delivery time. Spinal adjustments can make sure that your spine, hips and pelvis are in good function, so you have faster labor and delivery and less discomfort.
- Improve baby positioning. Ideally, infants should be positioned so that the head comes out first during a birth. Otherwise, they are considered breech, which can cause injuries. If you receive chiropractic adjustments during your pregnancy, you can maintain healthy pelvic balance, so your baby will be in the correct delivery position.
- Avoid injuries. While it is never pleasant to get injured, it can be especially troublesome when you are pregnant. That is yet one more reason to consider chiropractic care. Regular spinal adjustments can improve your overall flexibility and mobility, so you are less likely to get injured.
- Boost immune system. It is also especially unpleasant to get the cold or flu during your pregnancy. Since Maryland chiropractor treatment can boost immune function, you may get sick less frequently while pregnant.