Back Pain Chiropractor Gaithersburg, MD
Back Pain Chiropractor Gaithersburg, MD
When you suffer from back pain, you should seek help from a back pain chiropractor in Gaithersburg, Maryland from AmeriWell Clinics. Suffering a back injury can affect your entire body and cause long-term problems such as chronic pain and nerve damage. These types of injuries may be the result of an accident, a sports injury, or a degenerative disease that affects your spine. Back surgery may be the answer to resolving these issues, but first adding in a visit to a chiropractor Gaithersburg, MD relies on may offer you some added benefits as well.
- It Could Relieve Spinal Fusion Discomfort
If you have experienced spinal fusion surgery which involves fusing vertebrae in the spine with metal plates to support injured or failing discs, you may still have periods of discomfort when standing or sitting, even after the healing process is complete. Visiting a Gaithersburg, MD back pain chiropractor for periodic adjustments may help increase your range of motion and reduce post-operative pain.
- You Can Learn Stretching Exercises
Chiropractic treatments are not limited to back cracking and manipulation. While these can be important for proper treatment, your back pain chiropractor in Gaithersburg may also be able to teach you stretching exercises you can use at home when you are feeling pain or discomfort. Many of these exercises can be simple to perform and may offer you relief in between chiropractic appointments.
- Gain Support From Your Gaithersburg, MD Back Pain Chiropractor
Facing recovery after back surgery and regaining your strength can be daunting. However, chiropractic visits may help you build a solid support system as you work toward a complete recovery. In addition to adjustments, your chiropractor may also be able to offer other supportive solutions to reduce back pain, such as making changes to your exercise and nutrition regimens.
- Maintain Strength in the Grafted Area
While spinal fusions are designed to immobilize certain areas of the back that are suffering from slipped or failing discs, the muscles in that area must remain strong enough to support the surgery. A chiropractor for back pain in Maryland can focus on this area and perform adjustments that strengthen those muscles so they do not atrophy. While physical therapy may do much to accomplish this, continued exercise and manipulation at your chiropractor’s office can help keep back muscles in the fused area strong.
- Continued Monitoring of Spinal Issues
Once your back has healed from surgery and you complete your physical therapy, you may wonder if you are at risk for suffering from further issues or complications. Visiting a chiropractor regularly can help you take some of the guesswork out of such issues, as he or she may notice abnormalities in your spine during adjustment sessions.
Recovering from back surgery can be a challenge, especially when you continue to experience pain after healing. Call AmeriWell Clinics today to discover your treatment options with the help of a Gaithersburg, MD back pain chiropractor.
Signs You Need to See a Chiropractor for Back Pain
If you are suffering from back pain, you are definitely not alone and may need to see a back pain chiropractor Gaithersburg, MD residents trust. Back pain is one of the most common health concerns among adults and can negatively affect your life. Chiropractic care may be an effective solution for your back pain.
Here are a few signs that you may need to see a back pain chiropractor.
- You sustained your injury in a car accident. If you were recently in a car accident, it may be time to see a chiropractor. Back pain is one of the most common injuries in car accidents and can be debilitating. Even if you feel alright after an accident, it is still a good idea to get evaluated by a chiropractor. He or she can look for symptoms of a back injury that you may have missed and then recommend the proper treatment.
- You can’t manage your back pain at home. From heating pads to stretching, some people can successfully manage their back pain with home remedies. Other people, unfortunately, cannot. If you have tried to manage your back pain at home with no luck, you likely feel very frustrated. Your next step should be to see a chiropractor. He or she can perform non-invasive treatments, such as spinal adjustments, to improve your back pain and help you live a normal life again.
- You have pain in other areas of your body. If your back pain is accompanied by pain in other parts of your body, it may be time to see a Gaithersburg back pain chiropractor. For example, if you have sharp pain down your leg, you may have sciatica. You might also experience tingling or numbness in your back.
- You have been in pain for over a week. Many cases of back pain resolve themselves within a week. However, if your back pain is still there after a week, you may have sustained more serious damage and should see a chiropractor promptly. If you wait too long to address your back pain, it can get worse and cause more issues down the road.
- You have frequent headaches. If you experience headaches often, you might not immediately associate them with back pain. However, headaches can sometimes be a sign that your spine is out of alignment. Therefore, it may be a good idea to schedule an appointment with a chiropractor. After improving your spinal alignment, you may experience fewer headaches.
- You play sports. Participating in sports comes with plenty of physical and mental benefits. Unfortunately, however, being very physically active can also cause your spine to become misaligned. As such, if you play sports, you may want to start seeing a chiropractor regularly. A Gaithersburg back pain chiropractor can help improve your alignment so that you can perform better on the field.