Car Accident Doctor Wheaton, MD
Car Accident Doctor Wheaton, MD
How can a chiropractor help after a car accident?
Have you recently been in a car accident? The pain can be intolerable and the idea of medical bills piling up can be daunting, as a car accident doctor in Wheaton, MD understands all too well. At Ameriwell we ensure that you get the chiropractic care you deserve to treat your back and neck pain from injuries sustained in a car accident. The chiropractors at Ameriwell have many years of experience treating injuries that resulted from car accidents, and our dedicated team can help you on the road to independence. What ways can a chiropractor help with pain after a car accident? Read below for more information.
Five ways a chiropractor can help after a car accident
- Reducing inflammation. If you were involved in a car accident, you might have injuries like micro-tears that occur in the muscles or ligaments. When these types of injuries happen, they are often unable to be diagnosed through x-rays. Car accident doctors in Wheaton, MD are trained in spinal manipulation and can help realign your spinal column and release your body’s natural anti-inflammatory substances to help relieve your pain.
- Restoring your range of motion. When you are provided with an adjustment, your chiropractor can help to mobilize your spine and neck to restore your natural range of motion, allowing you to move easier and heal at a quicker rate.
- Healing without drugs. Because of the number of painkillers some people must go on after a car accident, the medication they are taking can be highly addictive, leaving patients dependent on these drugs for a longer period of time than expected. Chiropractic care offers treatment that addresses the cause of the injury without the need for addictive medication.
- Helping with claims. If you visit your Wheaton, MD car accident doctor after an auto accident that was a result of someone else’s negligence, you can rest assured knowing that your chiropractor will take great care to detail all of your injuries and submit any necessary reports to your attorney and the insurance carriers.
- Reducing scar tissue. Scar tissue is a common result of many car accidents and this can lead to extreme discomfort and stiffness in your muscles. Your chiropractor will use special techniques that help to break up this scar tissue so that you can heal at a quicker rate.
What you can expect from your first visit
When you visit our office for the first time, there are a few things you should be prepared for:
- Patient history. We will look for where your pain is located, when the pain started, and
what kinds of activities make it worse. You should also be prepared with a family medical
history and pre-existing conditions.
- The exam. You can usually expect your car accident doctor in Wheaton, MD to look at your muscle tone and strength, as well as the range of motion in the affected area of your body.
- Possible diagnostic exam. If your chiropractor has reason to believe it is necessary, they
might also perform lab tests, an x-ray, or an MRI.
Will Your Chiropractor Take an X-ray?
While there is some debate as to the use and necessity of x-rays in the development of a chiropractic treatment plan, many chiropractors do use these tests as both a precaution and to inform their treatment decisions. Many patients do not need this type of tests. However, for some patients whose underlying conditions need to be clarified, an X-ray can be an illuminating tool at a Wheaton, MD car accident doctor’s disposal.
Reasons to Use an X-ray
While many patients may only suffer from routine fatigue caused by years of poor posture, some patients have suffered severe injuries. This may be especially true for patients who have suffered injuries as a result of motor vehicle accidents. Most chiropractors are careful practitioners, and as health care professionals, they do not like to move forward blindly, especially when a simple test can give them a better picture of the injury and causality.
Though most patients suffer from typical lower back pain, some patients present symptoms that may warrant concern and further testing. There are several reasons a Wheaton, MD car accident doctor may seek an X-ray before treatment.
- Traumatic injury
- Suspected joint disease
- Pervasive pain
- Suspected disease or tumor
Necessity or Convenience
The vast majority of chiropractic patients do not require an X-ray for treatment. However, that does not mean that they shouldn’t receive one. Spinal and cervical manipulation deal with the rapid and forceful movements of the spine to reduce pain and realign the spine. If these movements are performed without a clear indication of the underlying condition or injury, then it is possible that treatment could worsen the injury. Therefore, while an X-ray is not a necessity most of the time, a Wheaton, MD car accident doctor may recommend the use of such tools to make diagnosis and treatment plans safer and more convenient in certain cases.
Quality of Care
While x-rays are not always required, they do allow for the certainty of care. When a Wheaton, MD car accident doctor takes an X-ray, you can be sure that they understand your spinal structure and perhaps even the reason for your pain. An X-ray can provide a roadmap for treatment and care, ultimately informing a practitioner’s diagnoses and treatment plan.
X-rays are a vital part of chiropractic care. The images collected will allow a Wheaton, Maryland car accident doctor to understand a patient’s underlying condition as well as track their progress through later x-rays. If you are interested in finding out more about chiropractic medicine and the testing that guides a chiropractor’s decisions and treatment plan, please contact AmeriWell Clinics today.
If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of a car accident, call Ameriwell Clinics today to receive a consultation and set up your appointment. Our dedicated car accident doctors in Wheaton, MD will listen to your concerns and devise a treatment plan that is tailored to your needs after this traumatic injury.