Car Accident Doctor Wheaton, MD
Car Accident Doctor Wheaton, MD
How can a chiropractor help after a car accident?
Have you recently been in a car accident? The pain can be intolerable and the idea of medical bills piling up can be daunting, as a car accident doctor in Wheaton, MD understands all too well. At Ameriwell we ensure that you get the chiropractic care you deserve to treat your back and neck pain from injuries sustained in a car accident. The chiropractors at Ameriwell have many years of experience treating injuries that resulted from car accidents, and our dedicated team can help you on the road to independence. What ways can a chiropractor help with pain after a car accident? Read below for more information.
Five ways a chiropractor can help after a car accident
- Reducing inflammation. If you were involved in a car accident, you might have injuries like micro-tears that occur in the muscles or ligaments. When these types of injuries happen, they are often unable to be diagnosed through x-rays. Car accident doctors in Wheaton, MD are trained in spinal manipulation and can help realign your spinal column and release your body’s natural anti-inflammatory substances to help relieve your pain.
- Restoring your range of motion. When you are provided with an adjustment, your chiropractor can help to mobilize your spine and neck to restore your natural range of motion, allowing you to move easier and heal at a quicker rate.
- Healing without drugs. Because of the number of painkillers some people must go on after a car accident, the medication they are taking can be highly addictive, leaving patients dependent on these drugs for a longer period of time than expected. Chiropractic care offers treatment that addresses the cause of the injury without the need for addictive medication.
- Helping with claims. If you visit your Wheaton, MD car accident doctor after an auto accident that was a result of someone else’s negligence, you can rest assured knowing that your chiropractor will take great care to detail all of your injuries and submit any necessary reports to your attorney and the insurance carriers.
- Reducing scar tissue. Scar tissue is a common result of many car accidents and this can lead to extreme discomfort and stiffness in your muscles. Your chiropractor will use special techniques that help to break up this scar tissue so that you can heal at a quicker rate.
What you can expect from your first visit
When you visit our office for the first time, there are a few things you should be prepared for:
- Patient history. We will look for where your pain is located, when the pain started, and
what kinds of activities make it worse. You should also be prepared with a family medical
history and pre-existing conditions.
- The exam. You can usually expect your car accident doctor in Wheaton, MD to look at your muscle tone and strength, as well as the range of motion in the affected area of your body.
- Possible diagnostic exam. If your chiropractor has reason to believe it is necessary, they
might also perform lab tests, an x-ray, or an MRI.
If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of a car accident, call Ameriwell Clinics today to receive a consultation and set up your appointment. Our dedicated car accident doctors in Wheaton, MD will listen to your concerns and devise a treatment plan that is tailored to your needs after this traumatic injury.