Back Pain Doctor Lanham, MD
Back Pain Doctor Lanham, MD
A back pain doctor Lanham, MD pain sufferers turn to is well aware of the challenges associated with back pain. You will want a plan to manage back pain and help reduce the chronic pain that you may be experiencing. While there are several treatment options, you may be able to treat back pain with chiropractic care, naturally, by avoiding the use of prescription medications. Choosing AmeriWell Clinics can assist patients by evaluating the condition and recommending the proper course of treatment.
Managing Back Pain
Back pain can impact nearly every aspect of a person’s life; not only can daily activity be challenging, enjoying life may be a thing of the past. This is a primary reason to reach out to a professional committed to developing a treatment plan and administering treatment. Chances are, you will want to do everything in your power to achieve wellness in the least invasive way possible. Your practitioner will treat back pain by helping with chiropractic adjustments, aimed at treating the root of the problem and managing the symptoms of pain you may be experiencing.
Avoiding Prescription Medications
Many suffering from chronic back pain may turn to both over the counter and prescription medications to treat the pain or symptoms that patients may be suffering from. It’s not uncommon for a doctor to recommend the use of medication to help with pain management. While this can undoubtedly alleviate symptoms, our Lanham, Maryland back pain doctor shares that medications do not cause the problem to go away completely. Typically, once drugs begin to wear off, the same symptoms of pain return. It can feel as though there is no end in sight. While medication can certainly assist with managing pain, patients may become dependant. This is a primary reason so many choose our services. We provide treatments that aim to heal the body and manage symptoms without pain medications, which can be incredibly addictive.
Choosing AmeriWell Clinics
When choosing a doctor to help manage and treat back pain, it will be critical to select an experienced practitioner to help you. When selecting a chiropractor for back pain, we offer the following:
- Practitioners who are dedicated to providing premium treatment options to assist in healing injuries and managing symptoms.
- Hands-on spinal manipulations aimed to realign the body and promote healing, free from pain medications.
- Careful assessment of your needs and treatment that is specified to your needs.
- Treatment that can improve functioning by reducing inflammation.
How To Prepare For Your First Chiropractic Appointment
At AmeriWell Clinics, our chiropractors understand that when you are going to visit someone new to help you with your health problems it can be daunting and frustrating. You may be tired of gathering your medical records or repeating your problems to people over and over again. We get it. However, know that when you come to our office, we will take care of you, listen to any problems, concerns, or questions you may have, and try to make you feel as comfortable as we can. We know that getting into a new routine can sometimes be difficult. Talk with us now about scheduling your appointment and learning what you can do to prepare for your first chiropractic appointment.
Getting Ready For Your Appointment
As you are preparing to see your back pain doctor in Lanham, Maryland, there are a few things you can do to feel comfortable and confident.
- Bring your medical records. This may not be your first appointment with a healthcare professional. You may have been suffering from an aching back or neck for years and been to multiple medical professionals to try and get help. If this is the case, gather your medical records to bring to your first chiropractic appointment.
- Get there early. Unless you were able to fill out any paperwork online, you will want to arrive early so that you can speak with an office manager or the receptionist and get to work filling out your medical and health history.
- Wear the right clothes. When you stop to think about all the movements and manipulation your chiropractor will need to do, you may realize that there is actually a dress code that can keep you comfortable during your appointment! Wearing athletic wear, loungewear, or other loose clothing will help ensure your chiropractor is able to get the range of motion necessary when making adjustments.
- Avoid watching videos online. If you are already nervous about your appointment, we suggest not watching videos online that show particularly dramatic pops or cracks. This is often for effect in the videos. It may only make you more nervous about your appointment. If you are concerned about the pops or cracks you hear, bring this up with your chiropractor. While we can’t fix the noise, we can explain the process to you and that may make you more aware of how the routine goes in our office and what to expect.
Your Questions Answered
When back pain strikes, you might have a number of questions about your symptoms, as well as what you can do to reduce them. One of the most important questions may include how you can achieve back pain relief effectively and safely. The following are some of the most common questions about back pain answered by our back pain doctor Lanham, MD has to offer. If you have further questions, please call AmeriWell Clinics today.
What Parts of the Back Are Most Susceptible to Pain?
Any part of the back can be stricken with chronic or acute pain. Within the upper back is the thoracic vertebra, discs, and nerves. In the lower back is the lumbar and sacral vertebrae and tissues. Surrounding the entire spine are muscles that can also be injured or strained.
What Are Common Causes of Acute Back Pain?
Acute back pain typically stems from a high-impact accident, such as a car accident, slip and fall, workplace injury, or sports accident. The spinal vertebra could become dislodged, causing stiffness and inflammation or a disc might be herniated causing lower back and leg pain. Our Lanham, MD back pain doctor tends to see patients with painful muscle tears related to heavy lifting or rapid twisting of the spine.
What Are Common Causes of Chronic Back Pain?
Chronic back pain includes pain that is ongoing. Usually, it is a result of overusing muscles or repetitive motions. Sometimes it is from degenerative changes in the joints or discs. In this case, the spine may become misaligned or nerves could be compressed. A back pain doctor is often able to alleviate these causes through careful spinal manipulation.
What Will a Spinal Adjustment Do?
There are many benefits to having a chiropractic adjustment for back pain. Through careful manipulation of the back and spine, components can be maneuvered back into the correct position. Adjustments can aid in normalizing joint motion, relieve chronic strain, reduce impingement of the nerves, improve functions of the nervous system, and reduce pain.
Can Spinal Decompression Relieve Pain?
It is possible to reduce or alleviate back pain through spinal decompression. This is a special technique that creates extra space between the vertebrae through the precise application of flexion distraction force. The vacuum-like pressure placed onto the back has the ability to pull bulging or herniated discs off, and away from, nerve roots. It also relieves stress placed on the joints and tissues.
How Can Soft Tissue Therapy Treat Low Back Pain?
Sometimes a back pain doctor will recommend soft tissue therapy, such as cold laser therapy or massage therapy. These are often beneficial for anyone with back pain, and compliment chiropractic care. Both have the ability to improve blood circulation, relieve inflammation, and promote healing from acute or chronic injuries.
Back pain not only has a physical impact but an emotional one as well. While pain can be excruciating, it may also present physical limitations that make daily life incredibly difficult. As conditions worsen, it could feel as though there is no end in sight, leaving a person to feel incredibly hopeless. AmeriWell Clinics is a well-established practice with experienced staff prepared to provide treatment that is accessible to those suffering pain in the Maryland area. To learn more about the services we provide, schedule an appointment with our Lanham, MD, back pain doctor today.
If you are ready to find relief from back pain, chiropractic care may be the right option for you. Call AmeriWell Clinics to schedule your appointment with a Lanham, MD back pain doctor today.