Chiropractor Laurel, MD
Chiropractor Laurel, MD
You might have heard that a chiropractor in Laurel, MD can do more than just help you relieve back pain. The truth is, that yes there is more to going to a chiropractor than just making sure that your back is pain-free. There are plenty of other benefits to seeing a chiropractor like they can help support your immune system, increase your energy level, and speed up your recovery from an injury.
No matter the reason you are looking for more natural pain relief, AmeriWell Clinics are happy to help you on your journey. You might be wondering what exactly is happening during your appointment while you are being adjusted. We’ve listed below the most common types of chiropractic adjustments that you can expect.
5 Common Chiropractic Adjustments
Chiropractor Laurel, MD
1. THE DIVERSIFIED TECHNIQUE
There are 3 main purposes of this method. Those are to restore spinal alignment, repair joint dysfunction, and ensure proper movement and mobility. This technique uses hands-on thrusts with extreme precision to help realign the spine and other joints. The goal is to increase the patient’s range of motion through this process and help relieve pain. Around 96% of chiropractors use this technique for over 70% of their patients.
2. SPINE MANIPULATION
It comes off as sounding scary but it isn’t. It is when chiropractors and physical therapists relieve pressure on joints, reduce inflammation, and improve nerve function. This is another manual therapy technique where the chiropractor uses thrusting to move joints and the spine back into place. However, it involves more stretching and the thrusting is more gentle and the first technique.
3. THOMPSON DROP-TABLE TECHNIQUE
This technique utilizes a specially designed table that is constructed of padded platforms fitted with a drop mechanism. This mechanism drops the patient a fraction of an inch as the practitioner applies a quick thrust to complete the adjustment. This is typically done when the spine rotation isn’t working.
4. THE GONSTEAD ADJUSTMENT
This form of adjustment is used to restore the normal disc alignment and restore maximum mobility. The unique aspect of this method is the patient can be sitting up or lying down on their side. The chiropractor will then use a specific contact point with their hand to manipulate the lower back or pelvis to realign it.
5. THE ACTIVATOR METHOR
This is when a small handheld device known as the Activator is used. This device administers a gentle impulse to the extremities or the vertebral segments of the spine. It is spring-loaded and is used to adjust the tone of the nervous system and can be used to treat a variety of conditions from headaches to lower back pain issues.
As you can see there are a variety of methods that can be used and this is only the surface. What you need may not be what someone else needs and that is why contacting a chiropractor is so important. If you are tired of living with back pain then contact a chiropractor in Laurel, Maryland to see what we here at AmeriWell Clinics can do for you.
How to Prepare for Your First Chiropractic Adjustment
If you have been experiencing neck or back pain, you may consider seeing a chiropractor Laurel, MD residents trust. If you have never received a chiropractic adjustment before, you might feel a little nervous. Fortunately, if you properly prepare for your first session, things may go a lot smoother. Here are a few tips to prepare for your first appointment.
- Wear the proper clothes. When selecting your clothes for your chiropractic appointment, think of comfort. After all, you will be lying down on a table while the chiropractor performs an adjustment. If your clothes are too tight, it will be more difficult to perform the adjustment. To make things easier on everyone, put on a loose fitting shirt and pants for your appointment.
- Arrive early. Like with other medical appointments, you will have to fill out paperwork before your first chiropractic appointment. Therefore, it is a good idea to arrive at your appointment a few minutes early. Then, you will have plenty of time to fill out all the paperwork and have a moment to relax before your session. The last thing you want to do is rush to make your first chiropractic session.
- Be prepared to explain your pain in detail. When you see a Laurel chiropractor, it is important to clearly articulate your pain because not all pain is the same. For instance, if you are dealing with back pain, is the pain more dull or sharp? Do you tend to feel pain more frequently at certain times of the day? The more information a chiropractor knows about your pain, the better he or she can help you.
- Do not be afraid to ask questions. During your first chiropractic appointment, your chiropractor may create a treatment plan for your condition and throw a lot of information your way. If something is not clear, do not be afraid to ask questions. For example, if you do not understand a certain exercise your chiropractor wants you to perform outside your sessions ask for clarification.
- Do not be afraid of cracking and popping sounds. When you first hear cracking and popping sounds during your first chiropractic adjustment, you may be alarmed. You may even worry that the adjustment is harming you. However, be rest assured that these sounds are perfectly normal. Nitrogen oxide actually produces these sounds during adjustments and is nothing to worry about.
- Be ready to be honest with your chiropractor. During your first appointment, expect your chiropractor to ask you several questions about your condition. In order for your chiropractor to help you to the best of his or her ability, you should be completely honest. For example, if your chiropractor asks you about your posture, do not be afraid to admit that you slouch sometimes. A Laurel chiropractor has likely heard it all before and won’t judge you.
MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT TODAY!
Laurel, MD 20707
5 MILES RADIUS Maryland City, Beltsville, Greenbelt, Fort Meade, Bowie, Burtonsville, Savage, Elkridge, Columbia, Glenn Burnie
SERVICES AT THIS LOCATION
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Cold Laser Therapy
- Cupping Therapy
- Disc Decompression
- Dry Needling
- Flexion Distraction
- Intersegmental Traction
- Moist Heat Therapy
- Neuromuscular Re-Education
- Physical Therapy
- Posture Correction
- Soft Tissue / Manual Therapy
- Therapeutic Exercise
- Therapeutic Modalities
- Ultrasound Therapy
Take the first step
If you’ve been injured in an accident as a result of recklessness, negligence, a defective product or other fault, you should be diagnosed and treated as soon as possible so that your health does not deteriorate, and you have the proof that you need to seek deserved monetary compensation.
Many times injuries are hidden, or are underestimated, so please call us today for a free consultation at (301) 576-0500, or email us. We also provide free legal referrals to our patients who are suffering from accident-related injuries.