Knee Pain Chiropractor Takoma Park, MD
Knee Pain Chiropractor Takoma Park, MD
“I have knee pain, and was told there is nothing I can do except ice and rest it.” If you are thinking something like this, or have been told there are no solutions, a knee pain chiropractor Takoma Park, MD has to offer may be able to help you.
In the United States, knee pain has become an increasing problem. In our clinic, it is one of the leading reasons men and women, of all ages, come to us for treatment. As a chiropractor Takoma Park, MD residents respect, we find that chiropractic treatment is one of the most effective methods to alleviate knee pain. Although some conditions that cause knee pain, such as osteoarthritis, are not curable, it is possible to reduce the symptoms or progression of the problem.
Is Chiropractic Treatment Right for My Knee Pain?
Chiropractic care may be ideal if:
- You have knee pain while playing sports
- You have chronic or acute knee pain
- You were given painkillers and told to rest, but have not noticed any improvement
- You have been diagnosed with arthritis and was told nothing can be done about it.
- You have difficulties walking
When the above apply, or even when you are affected by something that is not mentioned here, a Takoma Park, Maryland knee pain chiropractor may be able to help you.
Helping Your Knee Pain
Knee pain can be the result of arthritis, an overstrained tendon, or something else. Without a professional eye, it can be practically impossible to know what the cause of your pain is. As a chiropractor might explain to you, it is important for the joints and ligaments around the knee to be strong so as to provide support for walking and mobile activities. When they are compromised, localized pain is one of the first signs of needing help.
Through spinal alignments and complementary treatments, a knee pain chiropractor in Takoma Park, MD may be able to mitigate or eliminate the pain. The following is a basic outline to give you an idea of how a chiropractor can do this. It should be noted every patients’ treatment is typically modified to suit the needs and condition.
Step 1: Reduce Inflammation of the Joint
- Avoid aggravating factors
- Consider a supportive brace
- Make use of sports tape
- Use ice to reduce inflammation, spasms, and pain
- Step 2: Normalize the Function of the Joints
- Use specific chiropractic adjustments on restricted areas in the knee and surrounding joints
- Consider soft tissue massage and trigger point therapy
- Use cross friction techniques
Stage 3: Rehabilitation and Exercise
When appropriate, your knee pain chiropractor in Takoma Park, MD will introduce exercises to improve balance, stability, strength, and endurance.
Get Rid of Your Knee Pain
If you are tired of your knee pain, or your decreased level of activity, it may be time to work with AmeriWell Clinics. Our team of medical professionals can evaluate your condition and create a tailored treatment plan to address your knee pain. Call a Takoma, MD knee pain chiropractor today.
How a Chiropractor Can Alleviate Knee Pain
If you suffer from knee pain, you may have trouble moving around and doing everyday activities and may need to see a knee chiropractor Takoma Park, MD residents trust. However, you may not have to live with this ailment forever. Chiropractic care may be able to relieve your knee pain and help you live a normal life again.
Here is how a chiropractor can help with knee pain.
- Identify the root cause of knee pain. When you are dealing with knee pain, it is not enough to just treat the symptoms. You must also determine what’s causing the knee pain in the first place. If you merely treat the symptoms without identifying the root cause, your knee pain can return in the future. This is one good reason to see a knee chiropractor. He or she may conduct an exam and tests to figure out the actual cause of your knee pain and treat it accordingly.
- Use non-invasive therapies to treat knee pain. If you have been dealing with knee pain for a while, you might have considered knee replacement surgery. However, this is a big operation and should only be performed in the most severe cases. Knee replacement surgery carries risks and can take a long time to recover from. Before you consider knee pain, give a Takoma Park knee chiropractor a chance. A chiropractor can perform various non-invasive therapies to treat your knee pain, such as manipulation and trigger point therapy.
- Teach exercises that increase stability and strength. If you see a chiropractor for your knee pain, he or she may have you perform various exercises outside of your appointments. These exercises aim to increase stability and strength in your knee, reducing pain and preventing future injuries. Examples of knee exercises include squats, calf stretches and leg raises. While doing these exercises may seem tedious, it’s important to perform them every week at home to help with your recovery.
How to Communicate with a Chiropractor
When you visit a chiropractor regarding your knee pain, it is important to know how to effectively describe your symptoms. It is not enough to just say that your knees hurt. For example, you should be able to describe the type of pain you have. Is it sharp or dull? Describing your pain can help your chiropractor pinpoint what may be going on.
It is also important to tell your chiropractor when you experience knee pain. Do you experience all day or only at certain times of the day? Did the pain come on suddenly or was it gradual? Knowing the patterns of pain can also help your chiropractor treat your knee pain more effectively.
If you have questions about the treatments your Takoma Park knee chiropractor is recommending, don’t be afraid to ask them. It is wise to be as informed as possible about your treatment plan.