Physical Therapy Capitol Heights, Maryland
Physical Therapy Capitol Heights, Maryland
So, you want to go to physical therapy in Capitol Heights, MD but you’re not sure of what to expect. All you know is that physical therapy is a great way to feel better, but you don’t have much more information. To help you feel more prepared for your first appointment, our therapists at AmeriWell Clinics have created a guide on what to expect when you walk through our doors. Before your first appointment for physical therapy in Capitol Heights, MD, read more below!
What Is Physical Therapy?
If you suffer from an injury that prevents you from completing daily tasks, physical therapy is right for you. As a whole, physical therapy is a method of treatment meant to help ease pain, perform bodily functions, and ultimately live better.
Physical therapy can help those who are:
- Looking to heal after surgery or an injury
- Need to regain movement after surgery or an injury
- Going through rehab after a stroke
- Working on balance
- Recovering after giving birth
- Adapting to living with an artificial limb
- Recovering from a mobility impairment
Patients of all ages can benefit from visiting physical therapists at AmeriWell Clinics simply because of how it can help work to mend a variety of different health conditions. When you are looking for physical therapy Maryland residents rely on, you know AmeriWell Clinics is the right choice for you too.
Before Your Visit
There are a few things you need to prepare for before your visit to our office.
- Write down any questions you may have for your therapist. No question is too small or silly to ask. After all, we want to make sure you feel comfortable in your treatment.
- Keep track of all of your symptoms and how long you have had them.
- Once you have all your symptoms written down, it can be helpful to rank them in order of the one that bothers you the most to the ones that aren’t that noticeable.
- Things to consider: do you feel different symptoms at different times during the day? What relieves the pain, and can you do anything that makes it feel better? How does it feel when you sit down, exercise, or stand?
- Bring a copy of all prescriptions you are taking and make a mental note if you have had any massive surgeries and when you had them.
- Bring your insurance card and your primary care physician’s referral.
- Wear comfortable clothes. Remember, you will be active during your appointment so you will want to bring clothes that you can easily move around in.
Your First Appointment for Physical Therapy in Capitol Heights, Maryland
It’s a good idea to arrive a few minutes early for your first appointment as you’ll need to fill out new patient paperwork. Once you get taken back for therapy, one of our physical therapists will give you a consultation where they will assess your injury and evaluate your strength, balance, flexibility, coordination, posture, and heart rate.
In addition, they may look at how you walk, perform functional tasks such as sitting down and getting up, and how you use your body when conducting certain tasks such as lifting weights. Each consultation is different, and once it is completed, your therapist will give you a detailed patient treatment plan including what to expect from your therapy appointments and how often you should come in.
Come to Physical Therapy in Capitol Heights, MD That Residents Trust
Physical therapy has the ability to change your life for the better. Don’t hesitate to call us today for a consultation and we can help you on the road to recovery. For more information on how physical therapy in Capitol Heights, MD can help you, contact AmeriWell Clinics today!
How to Prove Treatment from a Capitol Heights, MD Physical Therapist Is a Necessary Medical Expense
When you are bringing a personal injury claim against the party who is responsible for your injuries, it is important to note that the medical care you have for these injuries should be included in the damages you receive. If you need to see a Capitol Heights, MD physical therapist for your injuries after an accident, you can also seek compensation for this as well.
However, seeing a Capitol Heights, MD physical therapist may not always be covered by insurance it. When this is the case, you may be even more stressed at the thought of your injury care not being covered. The physical therapists at AmeriWell Clinics know that therapy can provide you with the treatment you need after a soft tissue injury. Below, we walk you through what you need to prove to show that physical therapy was the right treatment for your injuries.
- You Must Submit Your Expenses. This is not always easy, but when the defendant loses in a personal injury case, they must pay for your medical expenses that are considered reasonable if they are related to the accident they caused. So, when you and your attorney are trying to prove that treatments from a Capitol Heights, MD physical therapist was a reasonable expense, you must submit the medical bills related to your treatment.
- You Must Prove That it Is a Reasonable, Necessary Medical Expense. Unfortunately, just because you saw a physical therapist after the accident does not make it a necessary medical expense. You will need to provide information such as your symptoms after the accident, the specific, detailed treatment your physical therapist provided, and what the costs were.
- Getting an Expert. In some cases, you may find that you need to have an expert on your side to testify that the therapy you received after the accident was the necessary medical treatment you needed for your injuries. Ultimately, it will be up to the jury to determine if the medical expenses you incurred were reasonable.
Does my case have to go to trial?
Absolutely not. Many times, you can settle with the insurance company long before you ever have to go to trial. When you and your attorney come up with the medical expenses that are directly related to your accident (your Capitol Heights, MD physical therapist can provide you with a detailed bill), you can submit this to the insurance company and you will likely go back and forth several times before agreeing on a number.
Getting your physical therapy covered after a personal injury accident is not always the easiest thing to do, but if your chiropractor provides you with the necessary documentation for your treatment plan after the accident, you and your attorney can create a solid argument for why this was the treatment you needed.
“Amy is great. She is very detail oriented and friendly. The entire staff makes my treatment an amazing experience”