Physical Therapy Capitol Heights, MD
Physical Therapy Capitol Heights, MD
So, you want to go to physical therapy in Capitol Heights, MD but you’re not sure of what to expect. All you know is that physical therapy is a great way to feel better, but you don’t have much more information. To help you feel more prepared for your first appointment, our therapists at AmeriWell Clinics have created a guide on what to expect when you walk through our doors. Before your first appointment for physical therapy in Capitol Heights, MD, read more below!
What Is Physical Therapy?
If you suffer from an injury that prevents you from completing daily tasks, physical therapy is right for you. As a whole, physical therapy is a method of treatment meant to help ease pain, perform bodily functions, and ultimately live better.
Physical therapy can help those who are:
- Looking to heal after surgery or an injury
- Need to regain movement after surgery or an injury
- Going through rehab after a stroke
- Working on balance
- Recovering after giving birth
- Adapting to living with an artificial limb
- Recovering from a mobility impairment
Patients of all ages can benefit from visiting physical therapists at AmeriWell Clinics simply because of how it can help work to mend a variety of different health conditions. When you are looking for physical therapy Maryland residents rely on, you know AmeriWell Clinics is the right choice for you too.
Before Your Visit
There are a few things you need to prepare for before your visit to our office.
- Write down any questions you may have for your therapist. No question is too small or silly to ask. After all, we want to make sure you feel comfortable in your treatment.
- Keep track of all of your symptoms and how long you have had them.
- Once you have all your symptoms written down, it can be helpful to rank them in order of the one that bothers you the most to the ones that aren’t that noticeable.
- Things to consider: do you feel different symptoms at different times during the day? What relieves the pain, and can you do anything that makes it feel better? How does it feel when you sit down, exercise, or stand?
- Bring a copy of all prescriptions you are taking and make a mental note if you have had any massive surgeries and when you had them.
- Bring your insurance card and your primary care physician’s referral.
- Wear comfortable clothes. Remember, you will be active during your appointment so you will want to bring clothes that you can easily move around in.
Your First Appointment for Physical Therapy in Capitol Heights, Maryland
It’s a good idea to arrive a few minutes early for your first appointment as you’ll need to fill out new patient paperwork. Once you get taken back for therapy, one of our physical therapists will give you a consultation where they will assess your injury and evaluate your strength, balance, flexibility, coordination, posture, and heart rate.
In addition, they may look at how you walk, perform functional tasks such as sitting down and getting up, and how you use your body when conducting certain tasks such as lifting weight. Each consultation is different, and once it is completed, your therapist will give you a detailed patient treatment plan including what to expect from your therapy appointments and how often you should come in.
Come to Physical Therapy in Capitol Heights, MD That Residents Trust
Physical therapy has the ability to change your life for the better. Don’t hesitate to call us today for a consultation and we can help you on the road to recovery. For more information on how physical therapy in Capitol Heights, MD can help you, contact AmeriWell Clinics today!