Low Back Pain Chiropractor Rockville, MD
Low Back Pain Chiropractor Rockville, MD
Do you have pain in your lower back? Are you feeling unable to enjoy activities you once loved or struggling to sit or stand for long periods of time? If so, a low back pain chiropractor in Rockville, MD may be able to help you.
A licensed chiropractor Rockville, MD has to offer can adjust the body to ease pain, restore movement, and improve alignment. Known as a spinal adjustment, chiropractic care is a safe alternative to surgeries, and pain medications.
In addition to a spinal adjustment, a low back pain chiropractor Rockville, MD has to offer can provide patients with the knowledge needed to continuously improve posture and prevent injuries at home. Chiropractors are advocates of alternative health, and believe that the body has the ability to heal itself. Some chiropractors will recommend dietary or lifestyle changes, herbal supplements, light exercises, and more.
Tests to Treat Low Back Pain
Before you receive an adjustment, your chiropractor will review your medical history and may perform various tests. Depending on your symptoms and circumstances you may need imaging tests like x-rays or an MRI. Whether or not you will need these tests depends on the opinion of the chiropractor. Some patients will be able to bring previous test results to their appointment.
Tests are performed to accurately diagnose patients. They are also taken to make sure an adjustment won’t harm you. For example, some medical conditions are not suited to chiropractic treatment. Or, if you have had a surgery, fracture, or a history of cancer, tests should be performed.
Usually, you will need the tests only once. After, your low back pain chiropractor in Rockville, MD will conduct physical exams to check your progress. If you have new or worse symptoms, it is certainly possible for additional tests to be needed.
The Benefits of Seeing a Chiropractor for Low Back Pain
Chiropractic treatment is one of the most effective ways to reduce or eliminate low back pain. The following are some of the benefits our patients have discussed:
- Decrease in inflammation
- Reduction in pain
- Improved range of motion
- Improved flexibility
- Increase in strength
- Increase in muscle tone
- Improvement in the quality of life
A low back pain chiropractor in Rockville, MD can reduce joint restrictions in the spine in an effort to minimize pain and inflammation. The result from this is a decrease in lower back pain.
Insurance for Chiropractic Care
Ten or fifteen years ago insurance companies generally did not cover chiropractic care. This meant patients had to pay out of pocket for the treatment. Today, thanks to extensive research in the effectiveness of chiropractic care, and the ability to reduce the total cost of an injury or medical condition, insurance companies often cover some or all of the treatment. If you are concerned about the cost of chiropractic care, or unsure about whether or not your insurance covers it, we would recommend calling our clinic or your insurance company. For an appointment with a low back pain chiropractor in Rockville, MD, please call AmeriWell Clinics.
Common Causes of Low Back Pain
If you have constant low back pain, you’re definitely not alone and may need to see a low back pain chiropractor Rockville, MD residents trust. Many Americans deal with chronic back pain on a daily basis. Here are some of the most common causes of low back pain.
- Accidents. Back injuries frequently occur in accidents, like vehicle collisions and slip and fall accidents. These injuries can cause chronic lower back pain that prevent you from doing everyday activities. In this case, it may be helpful to see a Rockville low back pain chiropractor.
- Lack of physical activity. If you recently injured your back, you might have reduced your physical activity to help you heal. While it’s important to get rest, you shouldn’t completely stop being active. Too little activity can actually increase stiffness and cause your muscles to weaken, making your back pain worse. Try engaging in light activities, such as walking or swimming.
- Poor posture. If you work a desk job and have to sit for multiple hours a day, you must be mindful of your posture. If you slouch in your chair, you may develop low back pain. As you are sitting, remember to sit up straight with your shoulders pulled back. Also, make sure that your chair is the right height.
- Improper lifting. When you have to lift boxes or something else heavy, it’s critical to use proper lifting techniques. Otherwise, you could strain your back. Begin by bending at your hips and knees and keeping the object close to your body. Maintain good posture, keep your back straight as you lift the object off the ground.
- Poor sleeping position. As a Rockville low back pain chiropractor can confirm the way you sleep can also have an effect on your back. If you sleep on your stomach, it can put a lot of pressure on your spine and increase back pain. To avoid this, sleep on your back.
Common Myths About Back Pain
Although back pain is a common condition among adults, it is still widely misunderstood. Here are some common myths about back pain.
- Stress doesn’t cause back pain. Stress can actually contribute to many physical conditions, including back pain. When you have too much stress in your life, you may have changes in your breathing, which can lead to tension in your back muscles.
- Surgery is always the best way to treat back pain. This is false. Surgery should always be used as a last resort, as it can come with risks and long recovery. It’s better to first try non-invasive methods, such as chiropractic adjustments.
Bed rest is effective for back pain. This is another common misconception about back pain that Rockville low back pain chiropractor hears. The truth is that too much bed rest can be detrimental to back pain. Lying down for long periods of time can weaken the muscles in your back and cause more pain. That’s why it is important to move around.